Yay! You’re in the market to purchase a house – or maybe sell! One of the first steps to take is to find a real estate agent to help guide you through the process. A real estate agent can show you listings that you might not be able to find on your own, can help you get the best deal for your budget, and can explain any part of the journey that might seem a little confusing to you.
89% of all buyers purchased their home through an agent in 2020, but how do you go about picking the right one for you?
Here are some questions you can ask an agent you might hire:
- How long have you been working as a real estate agent?
- Agents might have higher transactions than others – not that a lower transaction number should deter you. Understand their process of closing a deal!
- Do you specialize as a buyer’s or seller’s agent?
- You want to be sure you hire the agent that fits your needs. A buyer’s agent will help you search for a home; a seller’s agent will sell your home.
- What is your work schedule?
- Does this agent work full time in the field? When are they available to answer a phone call, text, or email? Are they going on vacation any time soon?
- What markets do you target?
- If you have an area in mind where you’d like to live, it would be good to know whether or not the agent is well-versed in that location.
Purchasing and/or selling a home is exciting – and possibly stressful, if you don’t have the right real estate agent to guide you. Follow your intuition!
For more real estate tips, check out Alliance Title’s Blog.