We all know social media is king – but have you been using all of the resources available for you to up your real estate leads?
Instagram stories is a great way to elevate your social media game, all while engaging followers and future clients!
In January 2019, Instagram reported 500 million daily active Stories users worldwide – 500 million. This stat alone should get you into using Instagram Stories.
How can you use this platform to better your brand and reach more viewers?
Behind the Scenes
Off-the-cuff and candid Stories help make you and your brand more relatable and creates a more genuine feel. You are more than a “real estate agent” – you are someone they can trust, understand, and even have fun with!
Think about sharing:
- A delicious meal you’re enjoying at fun local restaurant.
- Last-minute open house prep? Showcase a little bit about what you do to prepare!
- A hike near town that you love.
- Quick tips on the current real estate market.
Have Fun with It
Use the features Stories has within posting to give your Story a little more “umph.”
You can use:
- The Poll button to create questions and answers – or, you can allow viewers to write their own questions!
- Create a countdown to an event.
- Share quotes.
- Create a “before” and “after” of a staging.
Definitely use the “Highlights” tool! This allows your Stories to be viewable for longer than 24 hours, and they will be featured directly on your profile. You can categorize your Highlights by:
- Open Houses
- Housing Stats
- Local Restaurants
Instagram doesn’t directly show posts by chronological order – they have their own algorithm that shows each user posts from the people they follow.
If you want to make sure your new post has been seen, upload the photo to Stories and cover it up with the sticker, “New Post” – that way, users know you have a new post, and have to go to your profile to see it.
There is an infinite amount of ways to utilize and play with Instagram Stories – make it engaging and make it fun!