Housing markets in 2019 are showing a change for inland cities. Trulia measured five key factors from 2018 in order to dictate which real estate markets will be top dogs next year.
These were their metrics:
- Job growth over the past year
- Vacancy rates
- Good starter-home affordability
- Inbound versus outbound home searches on Trulia
- Population age in certain areas – a large share of those being 35 and under (represents more potential for first-time homebuyers)
But why does it seem as though inland cities are taking the crown for 2019?
Redfin released a report that indicated rising mortgage rates in expensive coastal cities (i.e., Seattle and San Francisco being examples) have provoked a massive move towards affordable inland real estate markets.
So what cities made the list to grab the real estate market crown for 2019?
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Bakersfield, California
- Austin, Texas
- Fresno, California
- Phoenix, Arizona,
- Columbia, South Carolina
- El Paso, Texas
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Check out Alliance Title’s Blog to stay in the know in all things real estate.