Hackers try stealing money through wire fraud and phishing schemes every day and real estate transactions are no exception.
Title and escrow companies rarely change wiring instructions, but if you do receive such a message, you can protect yourself and your customers with these tips:
- Call to confirm wiring instructions by phone using a known number
- Look for spelling and grammar errors in the message
- Don’t open any attachments or click any links you’re unsure of
- Confirm names on the account with your bank before sending a wire
- Call the receiving party at the verified phone number to confirm the money was received
For more tips and info on what to do if you’ve been targeted, team up with your local Alliance Title Representative!
#alliancetitle #title #escrow #cybersecurity #fraud #crime #realestate