Located at the confluence of the Snake and Clearwater Rivers, 465 river miles from the Pacific Ocean, sits scenic Lewiston, Idaho in the Lewis-Clark Valley. Because some ocean-going vessels are able to navigate the Snake River where it meets with the Columbia River between Lewiston and Pasco, Washington, Lewiston is Idaho’s only seaport. Here, shipments of grain, timber, paper, and other goods are transported to the Pacific Ocean.
Expeditions reached the Lewis-Clark Valley as early as 1803. Of the most famous of these expeditions was the Lewis & Clark Expedition who arrived and met members of the native Nez Perce Tribe in 1805. Incorporated in 1861, after the wake of a gold rush in nearby Peirce, Idaho in 1860, Lewiston was named after Meriwether Lewis. The city then became the Idaho Territorial Capital in 1863. In 1865, the capital was then moved to Boise after the gold rush in the north waned and gold had been discovered in the Boise Basin.
To learn more about the history of Lewiston, Idaho, go to http://bit.ly/OmLvAF
The friendly Alliance Title Associates at the Lewiston Branch would love the opportunity to assist with your next real estate transaction.
1455 G Street, Suite 102
Lewiston, Idaho 83501
(208) 743-8541 office
(208) 746-0058 fax