The office operates with six ladies and Ron Romrell, the branch manager. These associates come from all locations, some from as far away as Galesburg, IL, while others are home grown right here in Blackfoot, Idaho.
The Blackfoot Alliance Title & Escrow associates have a range of experience and community involvement that makes them stand out to the public. They have staff members involved in the local Chamber of Commerce, Lion’s Club, Relay for Life, Kiwanis, Elks Lodge & community theatre. Living in such a tight knit community gives these associates the opportunity to know their customers on a personal level and to interact with them on committees and in activities outside of the real estate world.
About Blackfoot, Idaho
Blackfoot is the county seat of Bingham County and is self-designated the “Potato Capital of the World”, claiming to have the largest potato industry in the world. It is home to the Idaho Potato Museum, which is home to the world’s largest baked potato and potato chip. Blackfoot is host to the Eastern Idaho State Fair, which operates between Labor Day weekend and the following weekend and is home to the State Hospital South which had its 125th anniversary this last year.
“Blackfoot” is a name applied to several places in the area, including a mountain range and a small river. The name can be traced back to the summer of 1818 when a group of trappers and traders from the Hudson’s Bay Company passed through. Earlier, in 1812, there had been some wildfires, and people who walked through the burned areas had their moccasins blackened. Although there were no actual Blackfoot people in the area, the traders referred to the people they met in the area as the Indians with the black feet, or the “Blackfoot Crowd”, because of the blackened footwear. They went on to call the nearby stream the Blackfoot River. The first general store was built in 1874 by Fredrick S. Stevens and Major Danilson after learning that a railroad was to be built in the area. They were hoping that a station would be built there because it was just outside the Fort Hall Indian Reservation, which speculation paid off four years later. On October 10, 1878, a post office was established with Theo T. Danilson as Postmaster. On November 10, 1878, track was laid through town, with the track running right up behind the Stevens Store to take advantage of the store’s loading platform (which was originally used to unload freight wagons). The name of the town was changed from Grove City to Blackfoot on March 20, 1879.
On January 13, 1885, Bingham County was established with Blackfoot as its county seat. Originally, the county seat was to be Eagle Rock (now called Idaho Falls). However, the night before its legal appointment, men from Blackfoot bribed a clerk to erase Eagle Rock and write in Blackfoot. The measure went through without opposition and was signed by the governor.
Blackfoot was incorporated as a town in 1907.
(information acquired from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackfoot,_Idaho)